What is Gridcoin?
Gridcoin is an open source cryptocurrency (Ticker: GRC ) which securely rewards volunteer computing performed upon the BOINC platform in a decentralized manner on top of proof of stake.
BOINC is an open-source volunteer computing grid which combines the processing power of all individual users for the purposes of scientific research. It's free, production ready and many projects already harness volunteered computing power to attempt to cure cancer/AIDS/Ebola/malaria, map the Milky Way galaxy, crack Enigma machine codes, etc..
Enough with intro, lets talk about this history and future of this coin:
Historically Gridcoin has reached its support for a few times and it reaches again this time and start breaking upward back.
It has been 3 years since this coin started but still...
- Marketcap 50-69Million
- # 253 in ranking
- ATH 6710sats, 570% increment from today's value (1000sats).
- Poor marketing and commercialisation of this coin for long time
- In summary, I think this coin is great and lots of room for development, yet it is undervalued for long time.
Now, what makes it different this time?
Marketing and exposure
- Recently Gridcoin marketing team has made a move with the first exposure to Medium, more exposure
- The founder @jringo also started its mass communication and marketing for this coin
- They also rebranded their website for new look,
- Expect announcement to be made 14 Jan 2018 on the new partnership. Probably NASA? But let's wait.
Im going LONG for this for 3 reasons:
1) Gridcoin now is at the , the only way to go now is UP.
2) Weekly showing sign. Historically it can reach ATH which is possible 570% from now at 1000sats.
3) Allow this coin a few months to develop further in term of the project and commercialisation. They have done something great for a few days of 2018, the rest will be just pure result.
- Marketcap still remain low at the range from my first update.
- Healthy price development $0.15-0.20
- 10k to 14k satoshi
Update on the announcement of partnership will be in 17 January 2018.
"Apparently NASA has a program called VESL with multiple projects that use up a lot of computing power. Gridcoin is currently supplying 80% of the computing power for NASA’s VESL Program. They started December 20th 2017 and things have been running smoothly!"